Monday, April 12, 2010

Philippine Setting: Local Brand Snob???

 Good Morning Sunshine!
I woke up at like 3PM and I think it was drizzling.
LOL.
I am seriously messing with my body clock...
Ugghh. Very Bad!
Rawr.

I'd like to share what I got the other day before I decide to go out and do whatever!
 2  Fashion 21 Eyeshadow Brushes (Big) = P85 each
2 Nichido Triangular Sponges = P45

I already own the smaller Fashion 21 Eyeshadow Brush.
Its quite abused because that was the only brush I have for my eye makeup ever since I decided to incorporate eyeshadow in my everyday look.
Poor thing.
And because I wanted to do more eye makeup, I can't use the same brush over and over again!

Some bristles are poking out because my fan was on and blowing right at it.
I Like:
Affordable. Soft Bristles. Thick Bristles. Great Blending Ability. Pats on Color onto the Eyelid Superbly. No Shedding Problem. No Discoloration Problem during Washes.

I Don't Like:
The two big brushes differ in height and in the color of the bristles, but its not that bad.

Rating: 5/5! Looking for a good and cheap eyeshadow brush? This is it.

Extra Notes: The set of Fashion 21 brushes retails at P400, the brushes in it look like its the upper class of my babies. But all I need is more eyeshadow brushes and I don't really care about how shiny my brushes are. Although the Fanny Serrano Brush Set looks amazing!! ....but a huge shocker because its P2,500! The makeup case is P500.. nice leather. I will probably get one later.

 More Pictures:
 My Maybelline Quad called "Lavender Fields" and one of my big Fashion 21 Brushes in action.

The smaller Fashion 21 brush.
-end-
------------------

So, whats with the "local brand snob"?
My little sister like to poke fun at me because I like buying cheap stuff.
Just because she shops for Mac and bought hella stuff from Sephora at her trip down to LA with
her school's drama club.

I used to buy dirt-cheap Chinese stuff but only to save the expensive ones because I used to
seriously... practice every night how to line my eyes with liquid eyeliner and etc.
It would be a waste because after I perfect my technique, I wash it off and go to bed.

Well, if I think something is good... why go for expensive stuff right?

Thanks to the many sisters in GirlTalk who continuously and unselfishly share their knowledge on makeup.
I learn a lot from youtube, as well, and found people that helped this inartistic makeup guru wannabe learn to achieve looks that would take me forever to figure out.

I think I improved in my choice of makeup.
Same goes to my makeup skills (I HOPE!!)

But I still got an eye open to the cheap local stuff..
Hey! We should be proud of our own goods, you know?!
-bee.

Ohhh Darn. I started doing this entry at 5pm and finished at 7pm! 
looks like I'm staying home! >.<

2 comments:

  1. Hi girl! thanks for following :)followed you too.ooh, I also have the same brush [3rd pic from the top] :) great post! and love your blog <3 keep it up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete